Should I sell my condo now in Southern Ca, Orange

Should I sell my condo now in Southern Ca, Orange

Member since 2011 · 15 posts · 4 votes

I was wondering if anyone believes that now is a good time to sell in Southern California (Orange specifically).  I'm thinking about leaving my husband and it would be doable if I sold my condo and used that money to pay off the house I currently live in.   Some factors to consider are that there will be some new condos which are in the planning stages to be built next to mine so I'm concerned there will be more competition, still it's California and I don't see this property going too far down in value because of that, but not sure

here are the numbers

my rental-condo - one exactly like mine just sold for 269K

currently receive $1200 mo. from renter but have HOA of 320 mo.

this condo is paid off

Or

should I stick it out and see if the value of the condo goes up in a few years and then sell?  I could suck it up and deal with hubby for a while if I had to. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.  Just don't want to make a wrong financial decision.  Thank You

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Karen MargraveBusiness Member
Moderator
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
11y

@Account Closed

It's impossible for any of us to tell you whether or not you should sell. Where in Orange is your condo? If you private message me, I will be happy to do a quick cloud CMA for you and send it to you. Tell me where it's located, the size, age, and any pertinent information. It will at least give you an idea of the neighborhood market. More than likely, prices will continue to appreciate. BUT, nobody has a crystal ball, and opinions are based on assumptions.

Though I'm a licensed agent, I don't actually work as an agent listing properties or showing. I use my license to list our development projects, so I'm not trying to get any business, just help you out. 

Sometimes it's not just the money, it's cutting the ties and gaining your freedom. Only you know what value that has. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Account Closed

    It's impossible for any of us to tell you whether or not you should sell. Where in Orange is your condo? If you private message me, I will be happy to do a quick cloud CMA for you and send it to you. Tell me where it's located, the size, age, and any pertinent information. It will at least give you an idea of the neighborhood market. More than likely, prices will continue to appreciate. BUT, nobody has a crystal ball, and opinions are based on assumptions.

    Though I'm a licensed agent, I don't actually work as an agent listing properties or showing. I use my license to list our development projects, so I'm not trying to get any business, just help you out. 

    Sometimes it's not just the money, it's cutting the ties and gaining your freedom. Only you know what value that has. 

  • Laguna Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 263 posts · 140 votes
    11y

    @Account Closed made a good suggestion of checking the current market value for your property. If you want to sell it is is best to evaluate market conditions, costs associated with a sale and time frames of a possible sale. 

    You can consult with a financial planner about your personal situation and formulate a plan that will help you reach your financial goals. Also a CPA and or tax attorney can give you accurate information in their fields of expertise. Professional advice is worth obtaining in any eventuality. It is wise to stay on top of your personal business affairs as a mater of good practice. 

    Solving problems is something every person gets to do thoughout life.  Problem solving is the work of every person. Fortunately there is help available from other people and you can choose to figure things out on your own or get outside help.  Either way you win because you will learn and continue to grow and evolve on your life journey. 

  • Member since 2011 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    thank you both so much

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    sell sell sell Prices are at all time highs,it is a sellers market, you wont have any taxes plus it is not fair to you or your husband to stick with a bad relationship Find a low cost realtor or try a fsbo for awhile 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.