Some advice

3 Replies

What is the best, and easiest way (I know that it is not easy) to locate buyers for property that I am trying to flip? I'm new to the process and locating buyers for flips is my big concern. I have not been able to breakthrough and reach my first deal yet and I am wondering what strategies you guys recommend when searching for buyers when you purchase a house. Thank you

Ryan

Looking at flips is differant the wholesaling where you build a buyers list.  When you are rehabbing and flipping, your target market is home buyers not investors like us. You are looking for people who will only buy one house in a decade. 

Finding a buyer is important. I use every means possible to find them. I hit postlets, craigs list, the MLS, newspapers, meet up groups, REIA clubs, credit repair companies, I want to be pretty much anywhere that I might find a buyer. I am not looking to send a single bullet down range, i am looking at the shotgun approach. I only need one buyer per deal but I am going to put that deal infront of as many people as humanly posible.

I hope that helps

Josh

thank you, that does help but it brought up another question relating to wholesaling.  When looking for a buyer in wholesale, should I just focus on locating other investors to purchase the property, or should I also be looking for someone interested in buying a home? Thanks again.

@Ryan Hardaway  in my own experience wholesaling is to investor buyers and flipping is to owner occupant, more traditional buyers. Flipping usually means rehabbing and listing the home on the MLS or market for sale. Wholesaling usually means putting a property under contract and then either buying it and then reselling to an investor, or perhaps assigning the contract to an investor.

You need to get clear on whether or not you are flipping or wholesaling. Yes the buyer is the important piece for you to sell the property but it is a different focus with an owner occupant and an investor buyer.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.