Offer Letter With URL

6 Replies

Does anyone have any idea how to compose an offer letter and then send it out with a link to a URL?  Preferably the URL would be converted to a TinyURL that can fit into a small space (Tweet or Text).

Thanks!

You could post the offer letter on dropbox, google drive, or any other cloud storage - make sure to set permissions to "anyone with the link", not just "everyone on the web". Then the cloud storage platform will give you a direct link to that item. Take that link over to tinyurl and it will spit out a little link.

With that said - I actually think it is easier to use sendspace.com - you upload a file and send a link (which is short) and that file is available for 7 days. It is not as good for long term, but its much easier.

Thanks!

So you could upload a PDF file on sendspace and they could get it?

I ask because some people are really picky about even giving out an email.  So, if I can shoot them the tinyurl (even via text) they could get the offer along with anything else needed like a contract.

Yes just go to send space, upload the pdf file, and it will spit out a link that goes to that file. Again, it is only active for a set period of time (I'm pretty sure it is 7 days) and anyone with that link can access that file.

This post has been removed.

I like the idea of using something like bit.ly so you can see if it's being opened. Bonus points if you have them uploaded to your website so at least you get the traffic. Why not, right? So upload to website and then create a bit.ly link. Bonus here is you could update the letter on your site and the bit.ly link could remain the same. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.