Baltimore City cash flow properties

2 Replies

Hello All,

Are there any cash flow focused investors out there who primarily invest in Baltimore City by any chance? Anyone find anything that fits the 2% rule? I recently  came across a multi fam with an monthly rents/purchase price of 1.197% but would like to get something close to 2%. This property is relatively turn key but could use some updates ($30k) in order to charge at full potential market rents. It currently churns(as is ) slightly over 6% cash on cash net after 10% property management fees. Where can I find those properties that are 10% cash on cash even after property management fees? Are there any fixer upper opportunities in decent neighborhoods where I can find this? I would like to try to avoid Section 8 as well as mixed use properties since this will be my first purchase in B City. Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

2 percent rule grows more difficult the nicer the neighborhood becomes. This is because rents do not go up proportionally to home prices. That being said, there are plenty of deals to be had in baltimore city that meet all the guidelines. I own nearly 40 and understand what is required to manage these houses successfully.
Originally posted by Account Closed:
2 percent rule grows more difficult the nicer the neighborhood becomes. This is because rents do not go up proportionally to home prices. That being said, there are plenty of deals to be had in baltimore city that meet all the guidelines. I own nearly 40 and understand what is required to manage these houses successfully.

Thank you for replying Seth. I would like to connect with you offline to discuss. Please ping me privately.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.