Help! direct mailing campaigns!

6 Replies

Could someone give me a quick rundown on how to start a Direct mailing campaigns?

@Emmanuel Onyemem

Hey Emmanuel.. So much about this topic has already been posted. You can right a book from the amount of information this site has about direct mail marketing. Just click on that magnifying glass at the top right corner of your screen and type in "direct mail marketing" "yellow letters" "post cards" and any other topic you would like to know about marketing. 

Easiest thing I did when starting was to set up a keyword alert on bigger pockets for "direct mailing" and it would shoot me notifications everytime anyone mentioned it. After that just start exploring direct mailing in the search bar and you can find seemingly endless info. Good luck and be patient!

Originally posted by @Emmanuel Onyemem :
Could someone give me a quick rundown on how to start a Direct mailing campaigns?

As in the do it yourself kind, or are you looking at outsourcing? Look up @Michael Quarles and follow some of his posts. He can help you either way.

quick rundown......have a budget.....be consistent......follow up......be consistent....follow up....be consistent

Also, make sure you reach out to @Jerry Puckett@Michael Quarles and other direct mail marketing experts when you're ready to take the plunge. Jerry has helped me a ton.

There is also the guide to wholesaling that you might interesting. http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/01/31/ultimate-beginners-guide-real-estate-wholesaling-2/

For direct mail, your considerations are:

1) LIST - who will you mail to?  where will you get the list?
2) MAILER - use a letter?  postcard? what should it say?
3) MAILING - do it yourself? use a vendor?

One great place to start is with an ABSENTEE OWNER list, and many people use Listsource.com for that.  In this video, I show you how to pull a good absentee owner list from that site:

For the mailer, I prefer postcards.

Vendors like YellowLetters.com have a nice selection of postcards.  Outsource the mailing to guys like them or @Jerry Puckett so you can take advantage of their expertise and efficiencies.

Best wishes!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.