Marketing to Lower-Income Homebuyers

7 Replies

When marketing to homebuyers in the <100k house range, I'm wondering if there are any tricks to reaching them more effectively than a sign in the yard or an online presence? I'm trying to flip a house in this price range, and not quite getting the results I want with those 2 methods of marketing. 

@Account Closed

Try finding and paying a company/ realtor a flat fee to list it on the MLS. I have heard it done for as cheap as 100 bucks. Not bad considering the amount of people that will see it.

If there is a nearby apt building, place an index card advertisement near the mailboxes or something.  Just a thought.  Good luck @Account Closed !

Facebook that sucker. Show some before and afters if you can. Pay 35 to "advertise" it on there. You can get decently targeted with the demographic.

Have you tried talking to the neighbors? 

Just knock on peoples doors and leave flyers. If the house is a fair price and good condition they might buy it themselves (who knows if they are renting) or they will call their aunt/cousin/nephew/grandparents who have talked about moving closer to be with family. 

Well I haven't even done my first flip yet, but I was planning on putting mine on Zillow for the first month or so. I don't know if you counted that in "Online Presence". 

Thanks very much, love these ideas, haven't thought of most of them, and will be sure to implement them. Every little bit extra helps.

Use postlets.Com puts it out on zillow and several other websites for free. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here