Jacksonville Investors?Landlords

8 Replies

Who is invested in C areas in Jacksonville and how does it compare to Midwest C areas.Prices,rents,resales?

iheard the Jacksonville,Florida is on fire now I guess everyone is too busy to post 

@Steven Picker

Hi, I have properties in both C & B areas of Jacksonville.  I think with the increase in prices over the last couple of years, that the C areas are higher priced and get somewhat higher rents than similar areas in Indy and Kansas City for example. Price/rent ratios are a little better in those mid-west cities, but JAX is better for appreciation, or at least that is my .02 cents.  Also my properties get 2-3 year leases in JAX, that is much harder to do in those mid-west cities.

Thanks Larry I am doing some due diligence of some c properties and I appreciate the feed back  

Originally posted by @Larry F. :

@Steven Picker

Hi, I have properties in both C & B areas of Jacksonville.  I think with the increase in prices over the last couple of years, that the C areas are higher priced and get somewhat higher rents than similar areas in Indy and Kansas City for example. Price/rent ratios are a little better in those mid-west cities, but JAX is better for appreciation, or at least that is my .02 cents.  Also my properties get 2-3 year leases in JAX, that is much harder to do in those mid-west cities.

Hi Larry,

I am looking for properties in Jacksonville. Can you point out the B-class areas that I might focus on. I have properties in Gainesville and am also looking in Tallahassee.

Thanks

@Daria B.

Hi Daria,

I simply don't know all the B areas of Jacksonville, as I work with a turnkey company there that identifies the areas and properties for me.

Originally posted by @Larry F. :

@Daria B.

Hi Daria,

I simply don't know all the B areas of Jacksonville, as I work with a turnkey company there that identifies the areas and properties for me.

Ok gotcha, thanks. I assume then you went through the same TK for all your properties.

@Daria B.

Hi Daria,

Ok gotcha, thanks. I assume then you went through the same TK for all your properties.

That's correct.

There are B areas all over town so to identify specific areas is tough.  If you are not local and have not spent many hours driving this largest city in america it is best find a local partner as @Larry F. has done.  You can find B areas for $50K or B areas for $250K so you need to consider cost, property type, rents, etc.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here