How would you invest $1,000,000?

10 Replies

Originally posted by @Melissa Johnson :

down payment on a Multi-Family. 

Can you be more specific on that? That could mean anything from a triplex to a large apartment complex. And why not a hotel? Don't you think a hotel would make a larger profit than an apartment complex?

A larger apt complex. It depends on the location of the hotel and the shape it was in. For me, because I have been in property management before, with complexes up to 450 units. So, I have more understanding of how those are ran. Either would be a good investment, that is what I am more trained on. 

Originally posted by @Melissa Johnson :

A larger apt complex. It depends on the location of the hotel and the shape it was in. For me, because I have been in property management before, with complexes up to 450 units. So, I have more understanding of how those are ran. Either would be a good investment, that is what I am more trained on. 

I know how their ran too. Why does everyone complicate everything?

Yea but a hotel would be a better ROI wouldn't it????

In fact, I know it would.

Originally posted by @Derek B. :

@Melissa Johnson

you may want to read some of his other threads before engaging too much further...

Yea I know everything that I'm talking about. I don't claim to know everything. didn't you read my post about condominiums?

Do you know landlord and tenant law like the back of your hand? I do.

I could go on for hours. how do you know what I know?

Cash? Retire on a third world country like Philippines, Vietnam, or Ecuador. Where $1000/month is too much to cover for food, gas, utilities, 24 hour on-call house cleaner and personal assistant, plus a driver. Houses at 70,000 gets you a newly built 5,000 sq ft house with 3 acres of land near the highway. Live 60 years like a king. Boring? Build a business to support $1,000/month with 40k.

Originally posted by @Manolo D. :

Cash? Retire on a third world country like Philippines, Vietnam, or Ecuador. Where $1000/month is too much to cover for food, gas, utilities, 24 hour on-call house cleaner and personal assistant, plus a driver. Houses at 70,000 gets you a newly built 5,000 sq ft house with 3 acres of land near the highway. Live 60 years like a king. Boring? Build a business to support $1,000/month with 40k.

What kind of business?