• Home Rehabber
  • Rockaway, NJ
Votes |
I won the online bid, now what

Jennifer Hollstein
  • Home Rehabber
  • Rockaway, NJ
Posted Aug 11 2015, 19:04

Please help. about 2 weeks ago I was watching a house on an online auction and it went up over $150,000 and auction ended. I noticed today it was back on the site and I started bidding on it. I was up to $115,000 and I left my office. I later received an email notification that I won the bid. Now what do I do??? I submitted some paperwork and tomorrow have to give a deposit with POF. I went to the town hall and there are no tax, water, or other leans on the house with the town. The house is occupied. What do I do. Wait until it closes to send notification to leave or do that now. Can I do a tank sweep since the house is occupied? I took pictures of the exterior of the house today as to show the state of the house when I put the bid in. Am I still responsible if the person living in the house trashes it between now and the close- breaks all windows, burns it down. Do I get insurance now on the house? I have not evaluated the inside of the house since I can not get in. Do I approach the owner for any reason- try to see the inside?

This is my first auction and my intention would be to renovate it and rent it out, refinance out to get money back out.

The house is in Morris County, NJ

Thank you for your help and guidance

Loading replies...