Hello! I'm looking for some advice on effectively and properly contacting owners for off market property. I have mailed out letters based on tax record but got no response. I'm thinking about what else I should do. Two questions:
1. Is there anyway for me to get phone numbers to contact the owner? And even if there is, should I do that or not? I definitely don't want to be too creepy...
2. If I can find other properties that under this owner's name, can I wrote to those addresses? Particularly one address seem to be the primary residence.
Thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated!
Can Anyone help? I really want to pursue the property but don't want to get into any trouble...
Hi Emily you could try to google the name as shown in public records and see if a facebook account pops up, knock on the neighbors door and see if they know the owners a lot of times neighbors watch and maintain them as a favor. Or look at copies of documents and see if there number is there. Best of luck.
Are you talking in general or about a specific property you have an eye on?
If it's occupied, knock on the door.
If it's unoccupied, tape a letter to the door (or slip one underneath or through the mail slot if equipped.
As suggested above, talk to the neighbors.
Ask at the post office what they know? ie, are they forwarding mail somewhere, etc.
Courthouse/county offices should have records of ownership and will probably give that info out. Use Google, white pages, 411, etc.
This post has been removed.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing