How to contact owner for off market property?

How to contact owner for off market property?

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 4 votes

Hello! I'm looking for some advice on effectively and properly contacting owners for off market property. I have mailed out letters based on tax record but got no response. I'm thinking about what else I should do. Two questions:

1.  Is there anyway for me to get phone numbers to contact the owner? And even if there is, should I do that or not? I definitely don't want to be too creepy... 

2. If I can find other properties that under this owner's name, can I wrote to those addresses? Particularly one address seem to be the primary residence. 

Thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated!

0Reply
110 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 53 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Can Anyone help? I really want to pursue the property but don't want to get into any trouble...

  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    11y

    Hi Emily you could try to google the name as shown in public records and see if a facebook account pops up, knock on the neighbors door and see if they know the owners a lot of times neighbors watch and maintain them as a favor. Or look at copies of documents and see if there number is there. Best of luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Concord, GA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Are you talking in general or about a specific property you have an eye on?

    If it's occupied, knock on the door.

    If it's unoccupied, tape a letter to the door (or slip one underneath or through the mail slot if equipped.

    As suggested above, talk to the neighbors.

    Ask at the post office what they know? ie, are they forwarding mail somewhere, etc.

    Courthouse/county offices should have records of ownership and will probably give that info out. Use Google, white pages, 411, etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.