Jacksonsville Florida Attorney

6 Replies

Can anyone recommend an attorney to do a foreclosure in Jacksonville Florida? The property is owned by an estate since the owner passed away. There is a son and a daughter but they have not responded to any letters.

Thanks,

Thomas

I have an awesome construction attorney who gave me a recommendation on a lawyer who reviews contracts and is working on a subject-to deal for me.  I am sure he would do your foreclosure as well.  It's pretty simple, I did one myself and I was very easy.  Obviously you have to be local with all the paperwork you have to file with the county clerk's office.

Driver McAfee Peek & Hawthorne P L
John Peek
904-301-1269
[email protected]

Thanks Erik 

Originally posted by @Thomas Watson :

Can anyone recommend an attorney to do a foreclosure in Jacksonville Florida? The property is owned by an estate since the owner passed away. There is a son and a daughter but they have not responded to any letters.

Thanks,

Thomas

The estate defaulted on a mortgage with the passing?

That is a good question. I am still getting details from the note owner. What if that did happen?

Originally posted by @Thomas Watson :

That is a good question. I am still getting details from the note owner. What if that did happen?

How exactly would you be foreclosing on the property if you aren't the lender/note holder? Could you clarify your relationship with the deceased and the note holder/bank? Also, have you actually had any contact with the personal representative of the estate? 

I represent a client who is the note holder. He needs a lawyer to perform the foreclosure on the the estate.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.