Seller Realtor Commission

3 Replies

Hi everyone,

I working on writing up an offer using Idaho RE-21 Purchase and Sale Agreement. I got the 2nd to take $5k for their loan, $2k going to the lender and $3k going to the listing agent.

Do I need to include $3k commission in the Purchase and Sale Agreement? Or at what point do I have to specify that I'll be paying for the listing agent's commission?

http://www.ascentboise.com/docs/purchase%20&%20sale%20agreement%20(re-21).pdf

@Kathy Judd  So I'm clear I'm assuming this is for a short sale property? And you are purchasing and acting as buyers agent? 

Hi @Kathy Judd - Commission should never be addressed in the RE-21 Purchase and Sale Agreement.  It can be addressed directly on a buyer comp agreement with the agent if you are the buyer.  I wasn't clear if you are an agent...or if the listing agent drew up the Purchase and Sale Agreement on your behalf.  

Hope to meet you at the next BP meet up if you are right here in Boise!  

Medium labelJonna Weber, Jonna Weber Real Estate | [email protected] | 208‑608‑4884 | http://www.jonnaweber.com | Podcast Guest on Show #80

Originally posted by @Jonna Weber :

Hi @Kathy Judd - Commission should never be addressed in the RE-21 Purchase and Sale Agreement.  It can be addressed directly on a buyer comp agreement with the agent if you are the buyer.  I wasn't clear if you are an agent...or if the listing agent drew up the Purchase and Sale Agreement on your behalf.  

Hope to meet you at the next BP meet up if you are right here in Boise!  

Perfect. Thank you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you