Renter hasn't signed up for eRentpayments yet

5 Replies

I have my first rental house. Got it rented to someone with good credit and no red flags. He moved in on 8/1 and paid rent and deposit several days early. I gave him the option to pay via check or online thru eRentpayment.com. He wanted a to do online. Today's the 31st, and he still hasn't signed up for a profile on the site. Do I reach out to him now or wait? Looking to hear some advice from the folks more experienced than I. Thanks!

You should have reached out already. I am making eRentpayments mandatory for my properties.

@Brandon C.

I would suggest reaching out. A couple of my tenants had problems getting setup with eRentPayment, even with the detailed instructions I sent them. The good news is their customer service is very responsive and will walk them through the process. 

-Christopher

Brandon C.

Definitely let us know if they have any questions while signing up as they can call us for assistance, email us, or start a chat session so they can register while chatting with us.  If you need to resend them the instructions with the link you can go to the Forms section of your profile.  We are always happy to assist!  Thank you.

Send a reminder, would have been better a week ago, but better late than never. If rent is due tomorrow provide instructions for immediate payment (check / money order) and remind of late payment fees in your lease

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.