Self Storage

7 Replies

Interested in buying a self storage facility. I was wondering if anyone knew a good website or broker to look for a  property? I'm interested in the Tucson AZ, North of Dallas TX, and Albuquerque NM areas. Also, anyone in these ares that is involved with this type of investment I'd like to connect. 

Thanks!

@Eric Urioste - Hey Eric.

You can always try Loopnet or talk to a Broker about available listings in these markets, but one way I've found self storage facilities at reasonable rates is to just look up all the locally owned facilities in the area that you are interested in and send them a short letter saying you are interested in buying their facility.  If they would like to meet to discuss selling or just grab a coffee, give you a call.  

Best of luck!

loopnet works best.... good luck.

Thanks fellas! I've been trying to look at loopnet.com but I keep getting an access is denied page?? Is that site still active?

Thanks!

It's working right now. Loopnet has several levels of memberships. You can do the free level just by setting up an account, but it doesn't show all the listings. The paid monthly subscription will let you see everything. I just use the free version.

Look at Marcus and Milichap's website. That's where I found the one I bought. You can search by property type and state(s)

Eric, 

Ditto:  Loopnet, Marcus & Millichap, Argus, Sperry Van Ness, SSBA, and a handful of Small Biz Websites. 

However, that's only a fraction of the opportunities available for purchase. 

Develop a mailing campaign, and then going out into your market and begin to pull doors will produce the types of deals you're after.  

Take it from someone who has sourced hundreds of Self-Storage Opportunities, You need to find the owners and talk to them BEFORE they go on the open market. 

Create the deal.  

You may also want to consider buying many of the "dark" warehouses in your area to convert to Storage. 

You can also download our 6 part video series at www.SelfStorageInvesting.com where I spend an hour on video 3 teaching you how we find deals.  

Cheers, 

Hi @Eric Urioste

I get about 4-6 listing a month sent to be a broker. Some are in the DFW area.  I can link you all together if you. PM or email if interested.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you