Duplex Dayton Ohio

2 Replies

A co worker of mine knows I am starting to invest in real estate. He approached me months ago telling me about a duplex he owned in Dayton. I showed so interest, but he was asking to much. He owes 5k in back taxes and asking 10k for the property. I told him no. Today he told me today he was about to lose the property and said I can have it if I want it. His deal is pay the taxes and he will deed me the property. He said if I make some money on it down the road give him some, if not don't worry about it. The neighborhood is rough and the property needs an unknown amount of work. I have not been able to see duplex other than Google Earth. I need some advice on what to do next. 

that could be a very good deal or not so much. Some properties even just given to you are not worth the hassle. You could possibly wholesale it or depending on the numbers keep it for your portfolio. Get in touch with me directly and I'll see how I can help. I'm located in Dayton and have already sent you a pm

@Dustin Fisher if the property in Dayton is vacant you can be reasonable assured that the electric, and plumbing as well as the HVAC has been removed and rehab will be in excess of 25K and unless you have contacts in the area or can go there and supervise the rehab you can look forward to many sleepless nights/

Start by going to the Dayton Ohio auditors page and look up the property. it will give you information you need to start looking at.

I have 5 properties in Dayton all in the east side of the city zip code 45403. You can buy property all day in Dayton for $5K to $10K that are in need of repair. Don't forget about the past due water and sewer. that can run you thousands as well.

feel free to contact me if you need to talk.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here