• baltimore, MD
Votes |
Violations on property in Tamarac Florida

Jacqueline Gonzalez
  • Investor
  • baltimore, MD
Posted Sep 11 2015, 04:54

Hi everyone,

Well, I bought my first house in Tamarac Florida in March and it had no violations, but I live in Baltimore, Md but have 2 partners in Florida. Then I received a letter in June stating that I had some violations. I called the Inspector in charge and he tells me that according to his pictures, and comparing them from March to May,  I have done some work like front porch overhang and some kitchen remolding without permit, and that I have the outlets not in the proper place and they need to inspect the structure of the overhang so I need a structural and electrical engineer. Ok, so this is the problem. I bought the house with the overhang already and the kitchen has not been remolded at all and it is a mess. So obviously he is making it up. Then he tells me that if the past owners did it then unfortunately it slipped through the cracks and now I have to pay for it. Well, I have pictures on how I bought the house and it still has not been fixed and he would like to come and look at the house but I don't trust him and he works for the violation department.  What can I do? He knows I am the owner and investor and that I live in Baltimore. 

Loading replies...