Votes
Adrian Ruiz
  • Sunnyvale, CA
Votes |
moving to Seattle. need the big boys help

Adrian Ruiz
  • Sunnyvale, CA
Posted Sep 17 2015, 13:49

ok so heres the situation. I currently live in the Bay Are Ca. I am 25 years old and my gf of 6 years is 24. We just came back 3 years ago and live in a detached home in my parents home and pay virtually nothing for rent (400 a month, rents for studios here are about 1200!!!).

Combined we pull in about 53k a year homed are going for 800k + for a decent home, nicer homes easily going for 1 mil. Our plan is to relocate to Seattle where it seems comparable to the Bay without the ridiculous housing prices

Our plan is to buy a house or condo by next Dec. we are looking more at a condo before making the commitment of a house as well as making it a rental after living in it for a while

We both have been at our current jobs for the past 2.5 years. We have 30k for a down payment. So my question is the following. What are our chances of getting a loan for a 250-300k house. And how would we go about getting a loan for a home that would be out of our current state (buying in Seattle WA).

The plan would be to get the house before actually physically moving out that way. I'm thinking doing this would be easier for us to get a loan as we would still be working here in the Bay, and thinking of maybe renting out 3-6 months before going up there and moving in ourselves. The thought is that in these 3-6 months the mortgage will pay for itself, if rent doesn't cover the mortgage we would cover the cost needed. Now with our current situation of paying almost no rent even if it were not rented we could still afford the mortgage and be able top save a little just to have some money in case of a rainy day. How would w ego about this and what are chances of being able to do so, ie getting the loan.

Loading replies...