New guy, needs a question answered

5 Replies

Hi everyone, so I'm trying to get information on recent real estate transactions. Basically I'm looking to find the cash buyers/ investors looking to spend money on a flip. I thought I heard you could go down to the county court house and search through records, but the more I've looked on the internet it seems like you need to have a name or specific address. Am I missing something? Is there a way to uncover all of the transactions and how they where purchased throughout the county? Thank you for any input.

Sounds like you heard/read that in a book. That's a lot of work, and you do need actual addresses. Depending on where you are looking, this information is available online through the county recorder's office. My suggestion would be to get on a site like Zillow or Trulia, focus on a specific area where you are looking, and start by filtering by recently sold properties. Create an address list and then in many cases you can directly access the tax records directly from that site (Zillow/Trulia/etc). In other cases, you'll need to do a property search using the address on the county's website. There is work involved and in many cases you'll only come up with mortgage companies and not individuals or entities, but no work/no reward! 

Medium img 0298 2Matt Motil, The Marie Paul Company | (216) 930‑4227 | http://www.drmattmotil.com

have someone that has access to MLS run a report that can pull this information

A relationship with a title company representative can be a huge resource also.  They can print "farm lists" based on "same owner of record" and "non-owner occupied" in a given zip code, which will show you who is buying (or at least bought) buy/hold properties.  You can then send a letter of introduction directly to the investors that are buying in your target demographic.

To thank the title company representative for their assistance, use them for your title/escrow work on the transactions you get from their lists.

Medium rei short colorCharlie Fitzgerald, REI Investor Funds, LLC | [email protected] | (913) 904‑8090 | http://www.REIInvestorfunds.com

Hey Phil, do you have the location of where you're looking  for your buyers?  If so, get a realtor to run all the solds in that same area for the last 6 months.  You should be able to access all the cash transactions.  That will get your real cash guys.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you