Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • Laguna Niguel, CA
Votes |
First Time Investor Orange County

Account Closed
  • Laguna Niguel, CA
Posted Oct 13 2015, 13:08

I currently have $320,000 in liquidity and have been looking for my first investment/income property for quite some time now, however the fact that I live in Orange County doesn't make the process easier. Reason I say that is because I don't want to have a mortgage on the property and would like to pay for it in cash. There are some properties on the outskirts of Orange County, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and condos that are in the mid 200's to mid 300's however most are in questionable areas or will most likely have problematic tenants. 

I have contemplated investing out-of-state however, most people I've spoken to don't recommend purchasing a single family income property outside of where I'm living or i.e. too far away that I wouldn't be able to drive to it in a short period of time. 

Also, as a beginner in income properties, I am asking the veterans in this field if you guys recommend purchasing a property that needs some TLC and flipping it for the first time, or keep it and rent it out? 

Any and all feedback is very much appreciated. This is my first post on here, so bare with me if I've missed anything. 

Thank you

Loading replies...