• Surveyor
  • Damascus, Damascus Governorate
Votes |
Real Estate and Technology

Danish Parvez
  • Surveyor
  • Damascus, Damascus Governorate
Posted Nov 4 2015, 14:58

Hi Guys!! I am a Master Student in Germany and I am working on my Master Thesis "Real Estate Management in Pakistan". This is rough outlook of the topic of my Master Thesis as I cannot disclose it completely before the thesis gets approved and stamped by the university.

The idea to join Bigger Pockets is to get myself sufficiently acquainted with the real estate investing knowledge, by the experienced bloggers, actual realtors and investors,  as much as possible and as much as it might be required to get a decent grade on the thesis.  From the "How Tos" and "When Tos" of investing in real estate, there is already pretty much written in this regard. Has anyone ever, ever thought of how technological platforms could be used to seize new opportunities(business opportunities) by developing new service lines that could either directly or indirectly involve real estate in particular?

Bigger Pockets, as a website itself is one such example of a bond between technology and real estate. Other more sophisticated models include magicbricks.com (India) and zameen.com (Pakistan). 

Could anyone please tell me of any such links, books, blogs, academic journals or anything similar? Even someone on this website who has something similar going through his or her head currently would be extremely helpful.

Whatever I will learn from here will be officially quoted in the thesis with names of the people who would help along with the topics they help me with. 

Please guys help me out here. 

Kind Regards