Finding SFH comps in Texas

8 Replies

I just joined BP and I have a question about getting single family home comps in Texas. My understanding is that he "sold" price for houses are not available to the public. Does that mean the easiest source of comps are the tax assessor records and currently active MLS listings?

In TX, sold prices are not disclosed, MLS is the most accurate source. on the tax records you maybe able to see the mortgage info, not the sold price.

Originally posted by @Wes Weeks :

I just joined BP and I have a question about getting single family home comps in Texas. My understanding is that he "sold" price for houses are not available to the public. Does that mean the easiest source of comps are the tax assessor records and currently active MLS listings?

Welcome to BP...hope you can navigate through the site. You can search the blog for subject you are looking for and am sure you will find an answer.

The best way to get correct comps is to contact a realtor. Realtors has access to the MLS and accurate information about sold properties. You can search for realtors in your area from the BP, contact them and they will help you with comps: Click this link for members in Coppell, TX:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%9...

@William Weeks, there's a new system available in Texas that allows investors to subscribe to a service to run their own comps. I've seen several advertisements for one company's system on DFW Real Estate Facebook groups. I subscribe to it through Roddy Foreclosure Info Service, 

https://www.4closure.info/.

There are other companies marketing it as well.

Roddy's version, Property Analyzer Pro, runs $69/mo. It allows you to run your own comps. (Sold price is hidden on the screen, but they display square footage and price/sq ft, so....math. And sold price is shown when you email yourself a report. It's not as full-featured as a Realtor's MLS subscription, but it's pretty damn good. I use it a lot. It also has a Deal Finder to locate the best deals on MLS, which I don't use because our market is so competitive that I rarely find deals on MLS. But they're there occasionally.

I have no financial interest in the above system. I'm just a user.

Good luck.

I've used Investway.com with good results. Will subscribe again once I start more actively looking for the next deal. (No affiliation)

Sorry for popping in on an older subject, but for those who need access to comps FAST 24/7 in Texas check out Propelio.com

True sold data available when you need it that will help you make more offers and close more deals.

The only way to get truly accurate comps in Texas is through a Realtor using MLS. Once a transaction closes, the listing agent will put the actual sales price in the closing info section of the listing.