• Investor
  • Bothell, WA
Votes |
New landlord of a 4-plex

Jill Clark
  • Investor
  • Bothell, WA
Posted Nov 27 2015, 14:41
Hello! This is my first post although I've been reading up for a while now. My husband and I will be closing on a 4-plex which we will be owner-occupying within the next few weeks and I'm looking for a bit of guidance. We already have a single family home which we rent so the world of being a landlord isn't totally new to us however, a 4-plex is a whole new beast. We will be inheriting 3 tenants (we'll also be evicting one so we have unit to occupy) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to introduce ourselves. We do have the current month to month leases so we have their very basic information but I would like more - employer, pet, vehicle info (on site shared lot), emergency contact info. My plan now is to send them a welcome letter to introduce ourselves and letting them know a new rental agreement will be following shortly, a small questionnaire with the questions above and a Welcome mat as a gift. I'm curious if anyone has been in a similar situation before (inheriting tenants) and what your approach was. Thank you!

Loading replies...