• Ypsilanti, MI
Votes |
147 year old 5,000 sf triplex

Lawrence Henkel III
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ypsilanti, MI
Posted Dec 6 2015, 20:47
So I looked at this property today and it is a huge 5,000 sf 147 year old home that was converted to a 6 unit at some point. The current owners have converted most of it back to one giant 3,200sf home with two 900 sf 1 bedroom apartments 18 years ago. One of the apts is on the main level and one is in the basement. I believe with the current layout it would be pretty easy to divide it back into 4 or 5 units. I would be house hacking this. It has been maintained pretty well but my gut is telling me that it could easily turn into a money pit. It seems most updates were done 10 to 15 years ago. Electrical, plumbing, exterior paint, hot water heater, refurbish boiler, flat roofs, Windows. The pitched roofs are ok but would need to be replaced eventually. There are 3 beautiful fireplaces that are not safe to use. What could go wrong? What should I be concerned about with a 147 year old home? It is not in a historic neighborhood so there are not any concerns with that. First timer from Ypsilanti

Loading replies...