2016 is almost here! What are your REI goals for next year?

26 Replies

2016 is almost here! 

So my question to all of you is, did you meet your 2015 goals and what are your 2016 goals?

I personally did not reach my goal of 1 rental this year for various reasons but I am setting the same goal for this upcoming year.

Thanks for your time!

Merry Christmas, Happy new year and good luck investing! 

My goal for 2016 is to purchase a live in rental property in new york. It's been hard looking for something at a discounted price but I will keep at it until I find a deal that meets my criteria.

My goal this year is to purchase 3 more SFH rental properties. Would like to get 4-5, actually, but that is probably too ambitious for my current market conditions. I hit my goal this year by September, but saw nothing but clunkers since.

I have a few:

Obtain realtors license (I start classes in two weeks).

Sell my primary and buy/move into a 3/4 plex with an fha loan.

BRRRR one home.

BRRRR goal was 5 but with 2 under contract going into the new year I think I might try for 7 in 2016.

I met my 2015 goal of getting started in wholesaling and doing my first deal.

In 2016, my goal is to do four wholesale deals a month, with an average profit per deal at $10,000.

Yes, $480,000 in one year. Big goals, big action, big results.

I'll achieve my goal through lead generation via bandit signs, classified ads, calling craigslist ads, PPC, driving for dollars & consistent direct mailings. I'm also investing more time on learning better sales and negotiation, to get more great deals under contract.

I'm getting in the habit of making every single day a networking opportunity while interacting with people out in public & I ALWAYS pick up the phone when it rings. This builds seller referrals and builds my buyer's list, enabling me to close more deals.

I'm opening myself up to virtual deals as well.

20% of net profit on every successful closing goes back into the business: polishing my branding (online and off), paying for systems set up, hiring and training VAs/team members, dropping larger mailings, education, etc.

Every morning I write my goal (4 deals a month at $10,000+ net profit each - $480,000+/yr) then I write a simple numbered action plan for that day. Tasks listed by priority.

.... If I hit even half of my goal, I'll still be in the top 1% of income earners in my state.

2016 will be life changing.

My goal #1 is to finally close the condo that I'm buying FSBO. However the title company has a common-sense deficiency and tells me that I need an Occupancy Permit. For an owner-occupied condo! I tried to tell them there is no such thing and this isn't on the city website. They still stand their ground. I finally spoke to the Housing Dept who confirmed what I already knew.

Now am setting my best foot down by telling the title company, if they don't close within a week or so, the deal is off.  The contract by the way states the closing to take place ON OR BEFORE a certain date in December.  So can reluctantly get out of the deal.  Can't allow it to drag.  

Just starting out. The main 2016 goal is to get a triplex or fourplex in Seattle to house hack with my wife (married 4 months) and work on setting us up for financial freedom. 

Want to network more with local BP people.

Be able to support even more students in Uganda through my REI!

Get the BP 30 days on the site in a row award ;)

Me and my wife purchased our 1st duplex last month. Our goal for us is too purchase a 2/3/4 plea this year! Not sure if i have to wait a certain amount of time though before i can buy another. Anyway 2016 here we come!

Originally posted by @Innocent Davis Bamurike :

@Ben Lobaugh Our government owes you! Good luck with your 2016 goals.

Not at all! It is my privilege and honor to share what I have been blessed with in your wonderful county. Without a doubt the Ugandan people are the best people in the world. Uganda truly is the Pearl of Africa

Originally posted by @Nick Versetto :
Originally posted by @Sam Lucio:

Buy 1 duplex.

Get more involved with local investors.

What area of Illinois?

Joliet. I'll message you my contact info if you're interested in meeting up and having lunch some time. 

Originally posted by @Nikki Robinson :

I met my 2015 goal of getting started in wholesaling and doing my first deal.

In 2016, my goal is to do four wholesale deals a month, with an average profit per deal at $10,000.

Yes, $480,000 in one year. Big goals, big action, big results.

I'll achieve my goal through lead generation via bandit signs, classified ads, calling craigslist ads, PPC, driving for dollars & consistent direct mailings. I'm also investing more time on learning better sales and negotiation, to get more great deals under contract.

I'm getting in the habit of making every single day a networking opportunity while interacting with people out in public & I ALWAYS pick up the phone when it rings. This builds seller referrals and builds my buyer's list, enabling me to close more deals.

I'm opening myself up to virtual deals as well.

20% of net profit on every successful closing goes back into the business: polishing my branding (online and off), paying for systems set up, hiring and training VAs/team members, dropping larger mailings, education, etc.

Every morning I write my goal (4 deals a month at $10,000+ net profit each - $480,000+/yr) then I write a simple numbered action plan for that day. Tasks listed by priority.

.... If I hit even half of my goal, I'll still be in the top 1% of income earners in my state.

2016 will be life changing.

WOW!  I really like these goals.  Brief and to the point.  You've got it.  

Love reading everybody's goals. So exciting and motivating, I hope everyone does what they set out to do or comes as close as possible. My goals for 2016 are to buy at least 1 more rental property (maybe 2), pay off ALL my debt, save money for down payment on another property and contribute my maximum to my IRA. Good luck everyone in the new year!

Hi All,

Happy New years !!!!! I started my venture at the end of the year so i didn't have any goals but to learn as much as possible. But my plans for 2016 is to obtain my first buy and hold and do several wholesales to get my company up and running. I hope to  sell at least 5 properties in 2016 and I believe its possible so we shall see. Determination driven I think I got this !!!!  

1.  Acquire 50 units this year

2. Travel to Morocco/Turkey and to Thailand

3. Figure out that work/life balance thing

4. Pay off our non-housing debt

5. Continue to grow my brokerage business in Chicago