Votes
Cody Barrett
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Starting to reach out to agents but this time I dont have funding

Cody Barrett
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted May 26 2016, 20:15

Alright I have 1 deal done and fully rented.  (duplex in Racine) I got pre approved and then found my deal. 

Just wanna make sure I am not being disrespectful towards agent's time and efforts.  

Now after reading the ABC's of Real Estate Investing I would love to really dive into analyzing buildings with 4-30 units to practice and maybe find a solid deal.  I found myself sending emails to agents asking questions on some potential properties but quickly realized that even if I find something I have zero funding.  So I felt bad because I don't want to waste their time.  But they might have the info needed to put a presentation together for investors in my area.  You never know, if someone asks and it makes sense then something special could happen.  Especially if its a great deal..

Anyway.... 

From what I keep reading they state that agents, brokers, property managers, etc are major resources for finding data that I could use/crunch to determine property value more accurately.  I am not certain of what the average CapRates are for certain submarkets in my target area so that would be a question that I hope they could help me with... 

So is this OK for me to do with agents/brokers or should I leave them alone until I find some partners?

Otherwise I could just call owners and figure out if they're interested in selling and then ask for their numbers to crunch and follow up with an offer... 

Thanks everyone! 

Loading replies...