Votes
Damian Howard
  • Wilmington , Delaware
Votes |
I made a big mistake

Damian Howard
  • Wilmington , Delaware
Posted Jun 6 2016, 17:29

To be brief, I trusted my uncle who I've known for 40 years. A good "church going" friend of his that he has known for about 50 years had my uncle watching her house, she moved away more than 5 years ago. She told my uncle that she wouldn't list the house and whatever he recommends as the selling price, she would honor. I talked to my uncle and he advised that she would be ok on a ceartin price on the house. Long story short, I made some repairs to the property without purchasing the property out of my own pocket due to the close relationship my uncle told me he had with his friend. At this time about $10,000 later, she was advised by an attorney to not sell the house at price that my uncle promised me and wants about $30,000 more.. most of the repairs have been made and currently there is no porch on the house because we are replacing the porch at this very moment.

I know better than to fix a house I don't even own yet but I trusted my uncle. I would of never of done that. The woman hasn't even been in the house for the last 5 years. What I did was a rookie mistake by trusting family..  Don't do what I did!  Basically the lady ended up getting a fixed house for nothing.....

Loading replies...