• Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Solve this house

Gabe C.
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Jul 20 2016, 23:59

There's this house in my neighborhood with thick vines taking it over Angkor Wat style. It's pushing off roof tiles and is actually growing into the windows. Here's an outdated google pic. It's worse now.

It's on a block with really well kept houses so it sticks out like a sore thumb. I thought it was abandoned for a long time but recently saw that an old man lives in it. I tried talking to him, but he doesn't seem to speak English. I looked it up and it was bought in the early 70s for $38k, so likely paid off. ARV today is $1.55 million.

The old man is clearly not able to keep it up. Could be a money problem or that's he's too old. It could be rotten to the core and need to be razed to the ground for all I know. Seems like a problem waiting to be solved, but I'm not sure what angle to take, especially since I can't communicate with him. If I'm able to solve the communication problem, what sort of potential approaches do you see on this? I know more info is needed for a specific plan, but what sort of creative scenarios are already cookin' in your brains hypothetically? Or would you just run from this?

Loading replies...