Account Closed
  • Renter
Votes |
First time home buyer blues...help?

Account Closed
  • Renter
Posted Aug 11 2016, 09:57

Finally!! 

After years of reading books, articles, forums, listening to podcasts, youtube, attending seminars and webinars, I've made myself (credit score) attractive to lenders and have been approved for a first time home owner loan, FHA.

I've been obsessing over my local market for over a year and now that I can actually participate in it is exciting.

..so much so that my judgement is periodically impaired by emotional enthusiasm, luckily however, all the previous education has enabled me to level out and think critically on the numbers and locations.

The problem I face now is that all of the properties currently on the MLS are all the leftover scraps that have forever remained on the market and are terrible choices in everyway. The moment a decent property hits the market it's gone in a flash.

The realtors, all of which, obviously want to sell me the scraps and become impatient when I explain why they are not good deals. I've gone through numerous agents hoping to find one with the same mission, but it's looking like I'm on my own with the searching.

What's your advice? Maybe wait til the holidays when everyone is too occupied to snatch up the good properties or just keep obsessing over the MLS until I luck out?

Any and all advice or experiential wisdom is welcomed, thank you all!

Loading replies...