Votes
Alain Amaran
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Miami

Alain Amaran
  • Miami, FL
Posted Aug 17 2016, 15:08

Hello, I'm a Real Estate Appraiser from Miami, Fl. I've always been into real estate since and have had much interest in real estate investing since i can remember. I'm currently 21 years old and i have been an appraiser for a year and a few months. Anyway, i only have about $5,000 saved at the moment, but i have a family member with a significant amount of cash interested in investing in real estate as well. For the last few weeks I've been listening to the bigger pockets podcast and found a lot of helpful information. My family member called me today asking what my plans are, and i had told him my original idea was to save enough money to buy some sort of property myself, Single family or preferably duplex or multi-family and also that i was thinking about a condo before since my funds were short but after running the numbers and researching it, found the HOA makes a property hard to cash-flow. My family member told me he was interested in Real Estate Investing as well. So i now have funds to start doing something ASAP. My question is now, how can i find out what's the best to invest in? He says he is open to anything, and also doesn't have the amount of education required to make a sense able decision on what exactly to do. That's why he was calling me. Personally, my goals are to buy and hold. I rather have that check coming in every month. But again, my knowledge is limited to about 25 podcasts from bigger pockets regarding rental properties and a few on flipping properties. How can i find out more options, and understand what would be the best type of investing for me at the moment?

Loading replies...