• Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Contractor changing price midway

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Oct 10 2016, 06:26

So, against everything I know, I hired a plumber to replace a tub and drain without a written contract.  He said 26-2700.  1,000 up front for materials.  After 2 days of work, my wife was over there and he said he needed a check for $3100.  He was not finished but she wrote the check anyway.  I called him and asked about it.  He said $2700 was for the labor and he said that up front (which he never did).  He said he a had a lot of time in the tile demo even though I asked him if there was anything I could do beforehand to make it go quicker and/or save money.  He said he'd just demo tile around tub.  But then said demoing anymore tile above it would potentially damage the tub.  He then proceeded to rip out more tile in the bathroom itself.  We've had a pretty heated text exchange today where he's showing his true colors.  I just put a stop payment on the $3100 check.  Not sure if that's the right move.  Any advice on what to do next is greatly appreciated.  And yes, I've learned my lesson.

Loading replies...