Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • North Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Questions Regarding "Financing Considered"?

Account Closed
  • North Las Vegas, NV
Posted Oct 20 2016, 11:33

Hello Everyone!

My husband and I are heading out this weekend to purchase our second SFH, this time in Las Vegas, NV.

Naturally, as two people who are still very new and green to buying/selling properties, we're working with a realtor. She has set us up with a link to the MLS in the area with properties that meet our specifications, so we can look while we're still out of state.

We're going to use my husband's VA loan because mine is still tied up with our original home, so we can take advantage of that sweet, sweet 0% down/No PMI benefits.

My question stems from the fact that a lot of listings have various types of financing listed under "financing considered". Some of them just simply say "Cash", while others will list "cash/FHA/Conventional/VA", or a mixture, or whatever.

My question is: What would be the reasons behind limiting a potential buyer's financing methods? Is one better than the other for the seller? Do they think their property will not pass a VA/FHA inspection? I can see why cash would be the most lucrative for a seller, but don't they end up with the money in their pockets regardless? For the ones that do not explicitly say that they will accept VA financing, should I just delete those listings, despite some of them being really nice? Or is this something that can be negotiated later?

Thanks for reading! I get a bit wordy sometimes!

Loading replies...