Would Appreciate Some Advice

5 Replies

We are selling our 60-acre property in Rochester, New York. I would love to hear thoughts and ideas from people who are currently having success in Real Estate.

The best places to look for buyers to get the most out of the property. The best ways and places to market and advertise the property, etc. I am currently talking to an agent in upstate New York that may be representing the property, but it seems that agents aren't as aggressive to sell a property as I remember them being. I could totally be wrong and she is very knowledgeable of the area and is very well networked, but again, I would like to know if there is any advice some of you seasoned people can give, as to what I might do to help things move along and to get the most out of our property. 

Thanks in advance! 

What type of property is it? I use a different agent for residential then the one I use for commercial. 

It is 60 acres. It does have a house on it and is currently zoned for residential and agricultural. We might be able to get it zoned for commercial, but according to the agent, there is a lot of commercial land in the area that has just been sitting for quite some time and large companies have been leaving the area, so she feels that residential is the better way to go. She is looking for zoning to put multi-family buildings on the property, apartments and townhouses, she doesn't think that will be a problem. 

what part of rochester?

If it is your opinion she is knowledgeable, knows the area and has the contacts you have the best you are likely to find. Keep in mind it is entirely dependant on the demand in your area. Rural acreage can be slow to move and often not worth anywhere near what a long time owner may value it at. The key is your agent being familiar with the market.

There are no secrets, if you are right about her she will likely be your best option.

Where is it at in NY?  What are the details for the house?  Other buildings ?  Description of land use now ? Water sources ?  Asking price ?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.