Brightening & Staging a Vacant house?

1 Reply

hi gys -

i've closed on a foreclosed property.

we're now getting ready to sell it.

the unit is vacant. its a high grade quality condominium - but has no light fixtures from the builder in living room and bedrooms -that is typical in these developments.

something obvious that i did not realized until now was that most lighting in occupied units come from floor lamps and custom fixtures installed by owners/ tenants - all of which is now gone since they moved out.

so now i feel that even if we put the best quality floors and paint in this unit - it wont show half as good as a staged house that may not even have quality materials.

so the question - how do investors, house flippers and you guys typically do the showings?

today i had this repeat experience when i went to see this another great townhouse in the suburban - no lighting fixtures from the builder. kitchen and baths are well lit - but the bedrooms have no light fxitures at all.

the living room had this one glow-bomb center light on the ceiling. bah.

James,

Turn the power on and provide lamps in the rooms that don't have wall switches. People have to see what their buying if their going to actually live there.

Home staging this project Hell to the NO!

Jim Sakalis

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.