I am looking to buy a first time investment property and not live in the place. Can I put 5% down? How much do I have to put down and not live in it? Do I also need a conventional loan? Please give me as much details as possible.
There are multiple ways of going about it. Since you do not want to live in it the FHA 3.5% Down won't work for you. However you can go a few other routes.
1. Partners: If you need help funding a deal. Having a Partner is a great way to go. Just make sure you choose a partner who has the same goal as yourself.
2. Private money: There are a ton of people out there who has money and want to put it to use. I recommend building trust and a relationship with the individual you borrow money from first.
3. Hard money: This technique is requires some skill if you are purchasing a rental property. Would have to make sure you pay your hard money lender back. To do so you would refinance on the property with a bank. Take that money to pay off the lender. Now you have a property with potentially no money out of pocket.
4. Seller finance: If the owner owns the property free and Clear. The owner would become the bank. Great way to get in a property with no money down.
I recommend reading https://get.biggerpockets.com/nomoneydown/
Get book filled with a ton of options. Good luck with everything!
Is there any solution through an individual loan?
As in Individual are you speaking on a regular conventional loan? Or are you speaking on a private individual loan?
Regular Conventional Loan
Ok gotcha. There are a few things you can do when it comes to the conventional loan side of things outside of the "FHA" Loan side of things. Just to name two of them:
1.) The "Conventional 97" It's for home buyers with not the best of credit, but would have to be at least average. Would have to verify income and employment. The 3% downpayment program also allows for a gift of downpayment. You can do some more homework on it.
2.) USDA Rural Home Loans: This Loan does not require a down payment at all. Similar to the VA Loan. However there are some requirements such as location. It's mainly geared towards non urban areas.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.