6 Replies

Im looking to do a BRRRR strategy on this property

Price: 390,000

ARV: 660,000

repairs: (my dads a contrator) 40,000

that totals up to : $430,000

I got a hard money lender to agree to give me 429,000

the problem is although he is a friend he wants 15% and 5 pts 

Can someone calculate that for me to see how much im gaininig or losing I dont understand the numbers

the 15% is the annual interest-only payments on the loan amount.  So 15% on 429K is $64,350.  Divide that by 12 (months in a year) and your monthly loan payments are $5,362.50.  Now you need to determine how long it will take until you Refi to see how long you will need to make those high-interest payments.  The 5 points are 1% of loan amount per point, so another 5% on top of that is $21,450.  If it took you a whole year from purchase to Refi, you would essentially pay 64,350 + 21,450 = 85,800 in interest (yikes!).  If it only took you 6 months, your total interest payment on the loan would be cut to 53,625.

thats only part of the equation to determine if you are "gaining" or "losing".  Timeline, income generated from rent, closing costs, etc. all contribute to the bottom line.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.