Off market duplex owned by bank

5 Replies

There is an off-market duplex right down the street from me that I am really interested in. It has been vacant for the past 3 years and doesn't look like anything is going to change. I have done some research on the property and found that "DEUTSCHE BANK NATIONAL TRUST CO TTEE" is the current owner of the property.

So my question is, What would my next steps be to get me closer to ultimate goal of buying this property? 

Limited experience but I am working on my first deal, just a little further down the road than you are. So take it with a grain of salt.

Your next 3 things you should do in the next 24 hours are, Contact Deutsche bank and see if they really are the current owner of the property. https://www.db.com/company/en/contact.htm or you can try the NY number to start the foot work.

Reach out to an agent if you are new to this investing thing and let her know you are looking at a house, she might direct you along also.

Finally find a bank to see if you can be approved for a loan or what you need to do in order to get approved.

That would be what I would think. Good Luck and happy hunting.

This post has been removed.

Thanks @Michael Randle for your reply, I have tried calling the bank multiple times and have got now answers in return. I will reach out to my broker today and see if he has any ideas.

@Natalie Kolodij  I've been looking at multiple properties in the Everett / Marysville / Lake Stevens areas. I found a really good deal for a 3 unit building in Everett yesterday, I called on it and it already had an accepted offer.. So the hunt continues 

Yep! @Chantz Ireland the market here is pretty bonkers right now. 

Was the really good deal the duplex and SFH in downtown Everett for $450? If so I tried for that too.

Let me know if you'd like to meet up and discuss local finds maybe we can help each other out. 

Banks are slow.. sometimes they take forever before they decide to list it for sale.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.