Question about listsource

4 Replies

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone else noticed list source leads drop significantly when you only include 2+ bedroom properties? My number went from 3,000 leads to 100. This would mean that there are more 1 bedroom properties in the neighborhood than 2 or 3 bedroom properties which doesn't make any sense. Any thoughts?

@Daniel Moctezuma I too have that same issue on LS. I do not use the number of bedrooms because of that. Also, a lot of times the number of bedrooms is not listed in the MLS/tax records which is where I am guessing they scrape their data from. Therefore I was worried that by adding that field it would eliminate what might be legit leads within my criteria.

Keep us posted if you find a work around or speak with someone from LS.  

301-466-7432

@Andrew Michael So you have tested this without adjusting number of bedrooms and bathrooms? Is it common to receive calls from people that own 1 bedroom properties? I suppose if you change square footage to 1,000 or more, you are more likely to exclude all 1 bedroom properties. 

I spoke with a sales rep. from list source, and he told me the data is correct but he didn't sound too confident. 

@Daniel Moctezuma I have purchased several lists from them but I do not mess with the actual home criteria. I usually pull my lists based on demographic data; age, equity, absentee owned, etc. I share your feelings in that every time I have tried to narrow down the home criteria it blows my results/ list up. I have cross referenced this with the MLS so I know the criteria I am searching for exists. Either some sort query error on their part or user error but the results are not accurate.

Still a great source but I would not solely rely on them.  

301-466-7432

@Daniel Moctezuma That isn't a completely uncommon occurrence on Listsource. All it means is that the county recorder isn't recording that piece of info and if you say you want to add that criteria to your search it will immediately discard any lead that doesn't include it in their description. Just like @Andrew Michael suggested, we usually skip that criteria when it drops dramatically like that too.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.