Question about listsource

Question about listsource

Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 511 posts · 161 votes

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone else noticed list source leads drop significantly when you only include 2+ bedroom properties? My number went from 3,000 leads to 100. This would mean that there are more 1 bedroom properties in the neighborhood than 2 or 3 bedroom properties which doesn't make any sense. Any thoughts?

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2016 · 543 posts · 281 votes
9y

@Account Closed suggested, we usually skip that criteria when it drops dramatically like that too.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed I too have that same issue on LS. I do not use the number of bedrooms because of that. Also, a lot of times the number of bedrooms is not listed in the MLS/tax records which is where I am guessing they scrape their data from. Therefore I was worried that by adding that field it would eliminate what might be legit leads within my criteria.

    Keep us posted if you find a work around or speak with someone from LS.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 511 posts · 161 votes
    9y

    @Andrew Michael So you have tested this without adjusting number of bedrooms and bathrooms? Is it common to receive calls from people that own 1 bedroom properties? I suppose if you change square footage to 1,000 or more, you are more likely to exclude all 1 bedroom properties. 

    I spoke with a sales rep. from list source, and he told me the data is correct but he didn't sound too confident. 

  • Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed I have purchased several lists from them but I do not mess with the actual home criteria. I usually pull my lists based on demographic data; age, equity, absentee owned, etc. I share your feelings in that every time I have tried to narrow down the home criteria it blows my results/ list up. I have cross referenced this with the MLS so I know the criteria I am searching for exists. Either some sort query error on their part or user error but the results are not accurate.

    Still a great source but I would not solely rely on them.  

  • Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2016 · 543 posts · 281 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed suggested, we usually skip that criteria when it drops dramatically like that too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.