Looking to buy my first property!

4 Replies

Hey Everyone. Im looking to do my first investment property. I live in Nyc so I am leaning on more of a out of state investment. Looking for some feedback on how to get listings of properties in other markets. Should I reach out to an Agent once I decide what area I want to invest in? Or use a website like Zillow? Thanks! Hope to hear back!

Hello @ANDREW GALEANO

Once you have established the area that you would want to be investing talk fly out there sit down with some agents and meet them one on one. If you get a good feeling, or have a great talk with one that sticks out from the rest you should build a relationship with that agent.   

Chances are when you start building the relationship with that agent he/she has contractors, inspectors, lenders, title reps, and escrow officers that they can get you into contact with to make the deals happen. It will take a little time, but investing in an area outside of your comfort zone means having people there on the streets that you trust! 

Do both! Have an agent forward your properties that meet your criteria. Also check apps like Trulia and Zillow every say!

thanks Rosston appreciate your help

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here