Networking - Harrisburg, PA

12 Replies

BP Community,

I'm interested in networking with members from the Harrisburg, PA area. My real estate portfolio is in South Florida, but I'd like to diversify into a new market, so I'm considering my home town in Central Pennsylvania.

I'm looking forward to your feedback. Thanks in advance!

Jason

This post has been removed.

Hi Jason Clemens,

I actually used to have a rental in Hershey/Hummelstown, PA. I would be willing to speak to you further if you need feedback.  Not sure if you are looking for rentals, or flips, or what, but if it is rentals, I can assist.  (Interestingly enough, we are considering investing in Florida too).

Sincerely,

Ashley

Ashley Wilson

There's also a good meetup in Harrisburg worth going to.  Gets about 50+ investors each month, and many are pretty serious investors in the area.  We've learned a lot from going and met a bunch of great people.  4th Thurs of the month @7PM.  Details are here.  

http://www.meetup.com/LIMG-Harrisburg/

Hi Jason! I live in Austin Tx now but I'm licensed in PA and used to work at Re/Max 1st Advantage. I know some great agents up there and am personally friends with the guys who run the harrisburg REI Meetup mentioned above. If you need any details or would like to discuss the central PA market, shoot me a message.

Hey Andrew,

I'm in Austin too. I am interested in learning about the Harrisburg market. Do you have any knowledge or can you put me in touch with someone up there?

@Christian Bors Thanks! I had someone interested in borrowing from me privately on a HUD home there, but found out he had to owner occupy which I can not lend on. I did some internet research last night and just trying to determine if it's a good market there. I know the city had a lot of financial problems in the past which contributed to larger price drops there. I am not used to seeing prices that cheap having lived in CT and now Austin so was not sure what the deal was. Seems like you could really cash flow nicely there on rentals! How is it working out for you? Have you owned there long?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.