Hello Pittsburgh

6 Replies

Hello BP

I currently live in Montreal,Canada and I had been investing in Pittsburgh for the past 2 years.

I'm planning a trip to see my properties in Duquesne and McKeesport this November 10,11 and 12.

I will be with others investors from Montreal, who would like to invest in Pittsburgh also.

We are looking for properties under 30 k to buy and hold and one project to do a flip.

If you do have something that you would like to show me send me a message in pm.

I'm also looking for a big plex under 500k to invest in.

Let me know if you would like to meet.

I'm also interested in growing my network 

Thank you!

@Mathieu Bourgouin Hi Mathieu, Welcome to Biggerpockets. Great to see you have invested in Pittsburgh. I have lived here my whole life and know the area well. I would be interested to hear your ideas about the flip and the big plex. Thanks, Gary

Good stuff Mathieu! How long have you been investing in that area? 

Sorry, I had skipped the part where you mentioned 2 years.

Hi @Mathieu Bourgouin

Welcome to the Pittsburgh Bigger Pockets Community! Where are you currently investing and what has you excited about the Duquesne and McKeesport areas? 

I'd be happy to help in any way possible and feel free to reach out! We also have a pretty active REIA group on facebook that you would be welcome to join. A lot of wholesalers post their properties there and that may group may also be helpful for you to find other locals that may be able to help!

Best of luck and don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all!

Tony

Anthony Angotti, Real Estate Agent in PA (#RS335936)
(412) 254-3013

Thanks @Anthony Angotti and @Gary Swank

Duquesne was my first deal.

I had a good opportunity on the table and the numbers were really good.

I'm not a big fan of Duquesne, but sometimes the numbers speak for themselves.

I like McKeesport, I think it's underrated for what it is.I visited there and it seems like a decent place.

Some street are good some are bad.I want my tenants to be safe and to enjoy the place they live in.I'm not big fans off the street where half of the home are abandoned.

I think also because most of the homes are under 50 k it's easier for me to get them when I pay cash , less competition from the first time home buyer.

Anywhere is good.

The terms or the prices just need to make sense.

I'm in Canada, I don't get emotional about a place or a deal.

Maybe I'm wrong to let me know what you think. 

@Chris Walters   maybe we can chat send me an email.

Hi Mathieu, I agree with you about McKeesport. I grew up in the area and I have a handful of rentals there as well. It's just like any other city, there are good parts and bad parts. All of my rentals are in areas where I would feel safe living. Appreciation is not what it would be in some of the other neighborhoods but the cash flow is fantastic! Good luck to you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.