Traditional split renovations in Decatur Ga

4 Replies

Traditional split renovations 

Hello it's the Lazy Landlord 

And I am here in Decatur Ga with a new project. My first flip .

It's a traditional split level home in the Decatur Area. Built in the 90's

It's about 1900 sq ft I'm getting it for the low 80's and the neighbor hood supports new construction upwards of mid to low 200's and renovated homes to mid to high 100's 

It looks as if they already turned the garage into a family room/den

First my problem is the textured t111 vertical siding 

Second is the small windows and the lack of Windows 

I have read a booklet on how to renovate one of these and it seems like these can be really upgraded in a myriad of ways.  

I.e. Front patio, covered entry with columns , Windows where the garage was , relocate driveway to the side of the house and erect a rear garage , add brick facing and or hardy plank 

Larger Windows but now I've spent a load and haven't even tackled the interior.

My question is how far to go what are the best bang for the buck renovations although I understand the basics i.e. Bathrooms and kitchens open concept.  It seems these traditional splits suffer from a poorly set up exterior flow and function.

Has anyone here had success with flipping a traditional split? And if so what sort of renovations did you do?

I've flipped a bunch of homes in Decatur, one split level. Happy to walk the house with you and give my two cents if you want. I live in the area as well. Depending on where it is, I may even have a buyer for you already once it is done.

@Steven Maduro  Is it in 30032 or 30034? . I've seen plenty of flips in that area without a garage go for high $100's. Maybe you don't need that expense if you haven't started it yet.  

really? No garage at all?

What did they do with the garage door?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.