Any investors in the Milwaukee, WI area that can provide feedback on investments in the area? I've been reading a lot about the area and wanted some local advice. I'm looking to buy and hold in the area, focused on cash flow, single family, class B-/C+, working class families.
- Is WI a landlord friendly state? What's the average eviction process? Length of time, costs?
- specific areas to look out for? Reading that North can be rough. Any rule of thumbs e.g. Stay between 33th and 70th street?
- actual vacancy rates (I will plan for 10%)
- stable economy with good jobs?
- overall experience?
- recommendations for great property management companies, real estate agent, and general contractors?
Thanks in advance BP'ers!
Yes WI is generally a landlord-friendly state. If you file an eviction you can get a court date in about 2 weeks and generally get someone out within the month. The filing cost is just $98.00.
Thanks for the feedback Dawn. I'm looking for class C+/B-. Any feedback on location stay away from xyz areas?
@Lena Hanson send me a PM and I can give you some information on neighborhoods and my experience thus far.
@Lena Hanson congrats on getting started in the Milwaukee market.
@Lena Hanson There are many investors who like the north better than West Allis (the west side of the south side). If you stay in the B- you will do fine. Just cross check everything people are telling you via BP.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing