Looking to rent out in Philadelphia suburbs

8 Replies

Hi!!

I am looking to move to the Philadelphia region and I have no idea which neighborhoods are best for renting and landlording. I'm looking to purchase 2 or 3 single unit properties. Does anyone live in this area that could help me out?

Thanks!!

Are you looking to buy SFRs all in the same neighborhood? Would you be living in one?

@Edward A. Yes and kind of. I want all of the properties to be in the same neighborhood, and then I don't want to live more than 10-15 minutes away. I will also be living out of the rentals for the first year so that I can buy them as primary residence.

Hi @Jennifer Fernéz,

Welcome to BP!

Perfect questions 'Neighborhoods' Philadelphia is broken down by neighborhoods and price accordingly based on rent, sale and diversity. You need to work with someone that understands neighborhoods in Philadelphia based on what you can afford on the purchase which will also make sense for appreciation and future sale or rental. If you are thinking outside Philadelphia County - Consider Education(Schools) and good transportation (Train or Bus)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Joe Scorese

Hi @Jennifer Fernéz,

How are you.

Will really depend on what your purchase power is currently. Please let me know if you would like to chat and discuss proper direction.

Regards,

Joe Scorese

@Jennifer Fernéz i have already looked at 3 SFR at Richmond area which I actually liked a lot. Going to visit Wynnefield and Overbrook on Friday to look at 3 more SFR.
Neighborhoods are completely different. I am from NYC and still learning the areas.

Where are you looking to move your self ?

@Jennifer Fernéz Have you looked in Haverford Township yet?  I own two homes there.  The school districts are top notch and the property values are rising.  I have my primary residence and a rental on the same street.  I have been in this neighborhood for 37 years and raised my 4 kids here.  If you haven't checked it out, you should.  Contact me if you need any details.

Regards,

Jim

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.