Cost to Develop Raw Land in Joshua Tree, CA

5 Replies

I'm looking at homesteads near Joshua Tree National Park in California. Listing agents say that the power is nearby (some say a mile away and some say 100 ft. away) and water is along the street. 

But what would it cost to hook up/connect to the utilities and get a septic system in this area? I have no experience with development of raw land, and this will be my first real estate purchase.

I know septic system varies a lot, which is why I'd like to know if anyone has experience with this in or near Joshua Tree, CA.

I have a house in JT. I think it'd cost more to build on raw land. Lots of permits!

septics usually run 5  to 15 k depending on area....water and electric checks with local municipalities

@Chris Frydenlund did you ever end up doing this? My husband and I are looking into building tiny homes on land, so was curious your experience of developing on raw land.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.