• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Auction advice

Shawn Rana
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Nov 22 2016, 12:49

Hello all,

Came across an opportunity I was hoping to get some thoughts on...

I currently own one rental property in a condo complex.  I just learned there is another unit going up for auction in the same complex.  This is in Cook County, IL and will be a live auction in downtown Chicago.

I don't have any experience with auctions and know they can be risky.  However, because I own a unit in this complex I was able to get in touch with the association and learn there are people living there currently, and they are current with their assessments.  While this may cause its own problems, it does give reason to believe the unit is in fairly good shape.  Additionally, I completely rehabbed the other unit so I know what any potential repairs might cost me and can do most of it myself.  I would get a loan from the family to purchase the property and then make a decision later whether to buy/hold or flip.

Based on all this, any advice?  This would be my second rental unit and my first time buying a property solely for investment.  Also, any idea what additional fees would be included?  The auction company is The Judicial Sales Corporation - there is no mention of fees on their website but I am not sure.  http://www.tjsc.com/

-Shawn

Loading replies...