Snow Removal Cost in Wisconsin

5 Replies

I am wondering what other investors pay a year for snow removal in Wisconsin. I have a three family unit in Waukesha with a driveway that goes behind the house and has parking for three. I have tried to get quotes from snow removal companies, but got few calls back. The one quote I did get was for $90.00, which seemed pretty high. I am doing it myself this year, but wanted to know what others are paying for next years budget. Thanks in advance.

I have a guy who does my snow removal on a 4 unit. I pay $100 per month and he takes care of it whenever it snows. No need to make an appointment. He just shows up and does it. Otherwise he charges $45 per trip.

from what you describe $50-$100 per time is probably about right, I just got a guy for a SFR in Merrill for $25-30 depending on how much we get, but its just a small section of sidewalk and a standard driveway, same price for a different guy on a property in Antigo. so I would say your on par.

The best time to hire a snow removal contractor is in the summer. Most landscapers keep their equipment and staff busy in the winter doing snow removal. There are two basic concepts how the work is contracted: all inclusive (a flat rate per season) or a rate per push (sometimes per inch of snowfall). The more sophisticated contractors will book a mix of both. If there is a lot of snow and the winter is long they tend to loose money with the all inclusive contracts. If there is very little snow they starve with the per day contracts. Usually they don't like to take on jobs after fall, because their schedules and crews are already set and most importantly they can't inspect the site for easy to damage obstacles. Be sure your contract includes also definitions of ice management - salt is a huge part of the expense - and provisions for special events, like blizzard or massive snow fall and liabilities (damaged cars, mail box, curbs, garage door etc). Typical rates I have seen for small MF type jobs with parking lot are around $500 per winter give or take.

I pay $25 for my Tri-plex w/ parking in the back for 5 cars, but I also pay $25 for each of my single family houses as well that I don't have tenants responsible for snowplowing on.  Typically I would expect $50 if it was for just that one property.

Thanks to all who replied, I am going to finish doing the snow this winter and get bids this summer.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here