Property ownership question

4 Replies

There’s a property that’s been abandoned some time right around the corner from my primary residence and when I search the public records it’s in a living trust. How do I find out who’s on that trust and see if they’d consider an offer on the house? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

There’s a property that’s been abandoned some time right around the corner from my primary residence and when I search the public records it’s in a living trust. How do I find out who’s on that trust and see if they’d consider an offer on the house? Thanks in advance!

I was going to say "pull the property tax bill," but then noticed San Diego county which is unique in that you can't just pull the dang bill from a website, unless the property taxes are in default. 

Email the county, get a copy of the tax bill. There might be some insightful details there. 

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

@Chris Mason when you say email the county. Whom exactly should I email? Tax assessor? Is that info available to the public? 

Everywhere else in California I just pull the property tax bill from the website. San Diego, I have to google around and find the generic email address that usually gets back in a day or two, barring holidays and the like.