Inspections in Houston

5 Replies

What are people in the Houston area paying for SF inspections? Is there a price per sf or other metric to consider?

Any recommendations in the Houston or Spring area?

I put a distressed SF  (in Spring, TX) under contract over the weekend and curious if anyone has had an inspection that was only on the big ticket items?

I am thinking big ticket only because of its condition, I am buying as-is and only the high cost items could sway my decision to close. 

@Carlos Lage , I have not used them yet, but I just learned about a Houston inspection firm that works only with investors.  They have a full inspection service and also a much less costly "Major Items Only" inspection.  Here is their website and I am not affiliated in any way with them.  https://www.principleinspections.com/what-we-do/

Hi @Tom Cooper much appreciated for the referral. I will give them a call. 

Originally posted by @Tom Cooper :

@Carlos Lage , I have not used them yet, but I just learned about a Houston inspection firm that works only with investors.  They have a full inspection service and also a much less costly "Major Items Only" inspection.  Here is their website and I am not affiliated in any way with them.  https://www.principleinspections.com/what-we-do/

Thanks @Tom Cooper. Very helpful!

Aniekan Udoh

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.