Inspections in Houston

5 Replies

What are people in the Houston area paying for SF inspections? Is there a price per sf or other metric to consider?

Any recommendations in the Houston or Spring area?

I put a distressed SF  (in Spring, TX) under contract over the weekend and curious if anyone has had an inspection that was only on the big ticket items?

I am thinking big ticket only because of its condition, I am buying as-is and only the high cost items could sway my decision to close. 

@Carlos Lage , I have not used them yet, but I just learned about a Houston inspection firm that works only with investors.  They have a full inspection service and also a much less costly "Major Items Only" inspection.  Here is their website and I am not affiliated in any way with them.  https://www.principleinspections.com/what-we-do/

Hi @Tom Cooper much appreciated for the referral. I will give them a call. 

Originally posted by @Tom Cooper :

@Carlos Lage , I have not used them yet, but I just learned about a Houston inspection firm that works only with investors.  They have a full inspection service and also a much less costly "Major Items Only" inspection.  Here is their website and I am not affiliated in any way with them.  https://www.principleinspections.com/what-we-do/

Thanks @Tom Cooper. Very helpful!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here