Current residential valuations - Buy/Sell/Hold?

1 Reply

I live in Clearwater FL and have cash on hand to purchase however I am concerned that the real estate market is peaking and I don't want to buy high (I have a place that is ok to ride out the market so not in "need" to buy, just trying to buy right.

Anyone feel that FL is still a good opportunity to buy?

Regards,

Steve

@Steve Wittholt

Steve,

I am currently wholesaling in Pinellas county, mostly in Saint Petersburg. I have seen no signs of slowing down on my end. I can show you a list of fix and flip properties I have sold in the last year that have been repaired and resold. Many of my investors have been very profitable from the off-market properties I have been acquiring for them. 

I do not know what avenue you have been taking to find new properties, but that may be why you are noticing a lag in the market. It is extremely difficult for me to find deals worth purchasing on MLS because there are to many people over-paying for investment properties.

To answer your question, yes I do feel like Florida still has great opportunities for investors. I have the spread sheet to prove it!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.