Current residential valuations - Buy/Sell/Hold?

1 Reply

I live in Clearwater FL and have cash on hand to purchase however I am concerned that the real estate market is peaking and I don't want to buy high (I have a place that is ok to ride out the market so not in "need" to buy, just trying to buy right.

Anyone feel that FL is still a good opportunity to buy?

Regards,

Steve

@Steve Wittholt

Steve,

I am currently wholesaling in Pinellas county, mostly in Saint Petersburg. I have seen no signs of slowing down on my end. I can show you a list of fix and flip properties I have sold in the last year that have been repaired and resold. Many of my investors have been very profitable from the off-market properties I have been acquiring for them. 

I do not know what avenue you have been taking to find new properties, but that may be why you are noticing a lag in the market. It is extremely difficult for me to find deals worth purchasing on MLS because there are to many people over-paying for investment properties.

To answer your question, yes I do feel like Florida still has great opportunities for investors. I have the spread sheet to prove it!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here