Finding apartment buildings in Indianapolis

3 Replies

Can anyone share their strategy and or contacts that focus on finding apartment buildings for sale in Indianapolis? I have been watching the inventory on a daily basis over the past year and don't see any of these come up all that much. I did manage to pick up a 5 plex last year through a wholesaler and I'm looking to repeat this and or get something bigger.

I just sent you a list of whatever I could find on the MLS, although I'm sure there are more out there that never make it to the MLS. I am also interested to hear the answer to your question. Have you tried looking on Loop Net? I hear people say they occasionally find good deals on there, although I have also heard that is where commercial listings go to die haha.

Best of luck @Account Closed . That is my next milestone, to acquire a small apartment in Indiana. I'm in the process to close on my first non-turnkey OOS investment single-family home. This was just a confidence boost to let myself know that I can do this remotely. But my next big step is apartment investing. Good luck with your journey.

@Justin Young  slow and steady wins the race man.  People rush into these things and end up with a portfolio of garbage and tons of bad experiences. Sounds like you are doing things right.   

@Samantha Soto got your email and much appreciated.  I'll keep you in the loop if I hear any hidden secrets to this type of investing .

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.